The following are the ongoing R&D Projects in the Department of Civil Engineering.
- Centre for Urban Transportation Studies (CUTS) – AN Centre of Excellence in Urban Transport, sponsored by MOUD, GOI, New Delhi (2009-2013) Rs. 5.30 crores. .
- Sealing of Gravel Roads – Performance Evaluation, sponsored by NRRDA, MoRD, GOI, New Delhi (2009-2013) Rs. 19.50 lakhs
- Pilot research projects on a) Optimization of bus route networks in Hyderabad city b) Corridor improvement through Micro simulation; sponsored by PTV Vision, Germany (2012) Euro 15,000
- Application of coir geotextiles in rural roads: Performance evaluation, sponsored by Coir Board, Cochi and NRRDA, MoRD, GOI, New Delhi (2011-2015) Rs 1.10 crores
- Lake dynamics and their interaction with aquifers at Warangal city by using isotope studies (2011-2013: Rs. 19.81 Lakhs) (Coordinator: Dr. E. Venkata Rathnam), sponsored by CWRDM (Centre for Water Resources Development and Management), Kozhikode, Kerala.
- Fly ash to control acid/alkali induced volume changes in soils, sponsored by DST-SERB (2013-2016) Rs. 25.00 lakhs
- Effect of aging on the mechnaical response of asphalt binders, sponsored by DST-SERB (2013-2016) Rs. 20.90 lakhs