History Of The Department
- Department was established in 1964 with an initial intake of 30 students in B.Tech. programme. Later on the intake was increased to 40, subsequently to 60 and presently it is 92.
- M. Tech. Course in Chemical Plant Engineering was started in 1968. The course was redesigned as M. Tech in Chemical Engineering with specialization in Computer Aided Process & Equipment Design (CAPED) in 1987.
- The department offers Ph.D programme funded by MHRD.
- B.Tech. and M.Tech. programs were accredited by NBA for 3 years in 2008.
- The department has been recognized for Ph.D programme under QIP.
- Department completed 50 years of its existence and celebrated its Golden Jubilee year in 2014-15.
- B.Tech. program in Chemical Engineering has been accredited for 5 years by NBA with effect from June 2015.
- M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering with Specialization in CAPED has been re-designated as M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering in 2015.
- M.Tech. Course in Process Control is being started in 2016.