The success and the achievement of any academic institution and its departments can be gauged by the success and reputation enjoyed by its alumni. In this context, NIT Warangal in general and the department of electrical engineering in particular can boast of the achievements of several of its alumni.
A few glimpses
- Dr V Anjaneya Sastry, batch of 1964 was one of the co- founders of Infosys-presently heads software companies based in Bangalore-donated rupees 1 Crore to the Alma-mater for the establishment of the innovation and incubation centre.
- Sri P Sudhakar – batch of 1977 CMD, ECIL – Awarded the Electronics Man of the Year 2014
- Sri S M Shetty, batch of 1965 heads the SM group of companies –engaged in development of import substitution of chemicals used for dyes and paints industry-engaged in packaged snacks-heads a thousand crore enterprise.
- Sri Rao Remella, batch of 1971-the 1st Indian employee to have joined Microsoft corporation-involved in the development of the windows OS.
- Prof. Mohan Tanniru, batch of 1969-Dean, School of Business Administration , Auckland University Rochester- USA
- Sri Satya Bolli, batch of 1978 is a successful entrepreneur, winner of the best software exporter award from AP- CEO of SEMANTICSPACE technologies, a hundred million dollar company.
- Sri L Venkateshvarulu IAS, topper of the batch presently working in the UP Administrative cadre
- Sri R Mutyala Raju -All India IAS topper-2007.
- Sri K Linga Reddy, 1967 batch, chairman PETE winner of the MSME award for the year 2009.
- Sri R Sesha Talpa Sai, batch of 1977- CMD TEHRI hydro development corporation
- Sri R P Singh, batch of 1979- CMD of Sutlej Jamuna Vidyut Nigam ltd (SJVNL)