The department is backed up by highly efficient Laboratories encompassing the following practical domains:
- Electrical Machines Lab.
- Electrical Measurements Lab.
- Control Systems Lab.
- Design and Simulation Lab.
- Power Systems Lab.
- Power Electronic & Drives Lab.
- Electrical Circuits Lab.
- Microprocessors Lab.
- High Voltage Lab.
The laboratories are equipped with the state of the art equipment and contemporary software tools like MATLAB, PSPICE, PSCAD/EMTDC, PSIM etc. The students are exposed to the best experimental practices under expert guidance from faculty members and laboratory staff.
MAJOR LABORATORY EQUIPMENTS
- 100 KV Power Frequency HV Transformer
- 150KV Impulse Generator
- Reactive Power Compensation Unit
- dSpace system with MATLAB,SIMULINK & RTW
- 3-Zone Distance Relay and over current relay
- 3-Phase Secondary Injection kit
- SCADA system for NITW distribution system
- Multi-parameter meter with LAN & DSA Software
- GPS Unit and ARCPAD Software
- TMS 2407 and TMS 2812 starter kits
- TMS 2812 evaluation modules
- Transmission line system with Reactive compensation
- Fuzzy logic and Servo Trainer kits
- Artificial Transmission Line Units
- IGBT Converter Modules
- DSP Controlled Drives
- SCR Bridge converter
- DC Power Supplies
- High Power DC power supplies
- PROTEUS VSM
- SPARD MP
- POWER WORLD
- MATLAB & SIMULINK
- AUTOGRID PRO