How Do i..?
How do I become a member of the Library?
NITW faculty, students, and staff are bona-fide members and no other formality is required. As soon as you get your ID Card, please visit the library to activate your membership.
How do I search books (in Catalogue (OPAC)?
- Go to library home page. There is a search box with caption “Search Catalogue (OPAC)”. Enter a word or words from title or subject or author of a book you like to search. Press enter. It will list all books matching the words you input.
- You can also click on “Advance Search” just below the search box. It will take you to another page “Web OPAC Page”. It provides Simple Search and Advanced Search options.
- In Simple Search, you can search books by Author, Title (any word in the title, subtitle ) , Accession No. , Classification No., Series, ISBN No, Note/Abstract , Keyword, Supervisor, or Publisher. Use “Enter the String” box to input words etc from any of the fields mentioned above.
- You can restrict your search to a particular media like Books, E-Books, Reports, BC Books, TLL Books etc.
- In Advanced Search, you can search books by combining several fields like author, title, keyword, publishers etc (with operators LIKE, EQUAL TO, AND, OR) in the same query. This will give very specific / more relevant results.
What is “OPAC”?
OPAC stands for Online Public Access Catalogue. This is a database of all books, reference books, e-books, theses, reports, patents, standards etc. available in the library. It enables speedy searching of a particular book, books on a given subject, and/or a book by an author.
How do I know what e-books are available / accessible to NITW users?
Go to library home page. Click E-Journals/E-Books, again click E-Books from sub-menu. The system will list all the e-books available.
Go to the library, pick up the books you like to borrow, carry these books to the Circulation Counter. Show your ID Card. The library staff will assist you in getting these books issued to you.
What are the issue/return (of books) timings of the Library?
10:00 A.M – 06:00 P.M hrs on all working days
No issues on Saturdays, Sundays and other Holidays.
How do I renew / re-issue books I have already borrowed?
Bring all books back to the library and get them renewed at the Circulation Counter.
How many books can I borrow?
Faculty can borrow upto 12 books, UG - 4 and PG - 5 books and Ph. D Scholors - 5 books. More details can be seen at “Book Borrowing/Lending”.
Is there a fine for late return (Over-due) of books?
Yes, a member is required to pay late fee rupee 1/- per day, if he/she fails to return the books within prescribed period of time. Members can see their over due charges by OPAC.
How / Where do I pay Library dues?
Library dues (late fees/cost of lost books etc) can be paid in cash at the Library Circulation Counter of the Library.
How do I replace a lost book (What am I required to do for a lost book)?
Relace the lost copy with latest edition by filling the loss of book form.
What shall I do if I do not get the book on the shelve?
First contact the library staff responsible for shelving of books in that area. If not satisfied, please contact Staff at Circulation Counter or In-charge, Circulation Section.
Can I bring my own books in the Library?
Own books are not allowed in the library.