The Online Books Page is a website that facilitates access to books that are freely readable over the Internet. It also aims to encourage the development of such online books, for the benefit and edification of all.
Newspapers and Magazines
open Newspapers and Magazines
Newspapers and magazines are print publications issued at regular intervals over time. Historically, newspapers were usually issued daily or weekly, but sometimes semi-weekly (ie. twice a week), bi-weekly (ie. every two weeks), or monthly. Magazines, in contrast, were usually issued weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or quarterly (ie. 4 times a year). Both newspapers and magazines could be purchased by subscription (an arrangement in which the reader pays in advance a year of issues), or individually, often at news-stands, grocery stores, book stores, trains, or other places.
There is no absolute way of distinguishing between newspapers and magazines, since they share many features. The main reason for understanding the distinctions is that in a library you will find newspapers and magazines--even digitized newspapers and magazines--in different places.
• BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine)
• India Place Finder (A state of the art digital tool for India studies)
• Intute - Free online service with access to the best resources available on the internet
• List of academic databases and search engines
• List of top companies in Indian and abroad
• Nobel Prize Internet Archive
• Scirus is the most comprehensive scientific search engine for scholarly literature
• Selected internet resources in all subjects
• Social Science Information gateway
• Cambridge Dictionaries On-line
• Foreign Language Dictionary-French
• Foreign Language Dictionary-Spanish
• Librarian's Index to the Internet
• One Look Dictionaries
• Subject Dictionary-Business/Finance
• Subject Dictionary-Library and Information Science
• Subject Dictionary-Medical Science
• Subject Dictionary-Science
• Subject Dictionary-Technology