Welcome to Department of Physical Education
- To provide ample opportunities in diversified areas such as physical activity, exercise, sports and competitions.
- Commitment to encourage, develop and enable opportunities for participation in Sports activities for the campus community.
- To promote Fitness, health and wellness of the Campus Community.
- To improve the quality of life as a whole.
- To increase participation amongst young boys and girls.
- To develop Sportsmanship and fair competition.
- Strengthening of Existing facilities
- Promoting FITNESS to students and staff
- Attracting mass participation
- Creating new facilities
- Proper maintenance of all play grounds
- Inculcating the spirit of sportsman ship
- 100% participation of both UG & PG Students
- State of the art facilities for all sports events
- Conduct of Coaching camps in various disciplines
- Inculcating the spirit of sportsman ship and discipline
Physical Education's information
The phy.edu. Sports dept. of NIT Warangal has a dedicated team of people working hard to increase the overall enthusiasm for sports in the institute and the smooth conduction of the tournaments that occur year round. This system covers every individual in the campus, and ensures that good talent is always spotted.
The Physical Education department will organize sports activities in NITW in recognized events, to encourage sportsmanship generally, and to promote friendly relations among the students of the NITs and to foster a close association among them.
It is hoped that these activities would result in greater harmony, health-consciousness, brotherhood, goodwill, work sincerity; sporting spirit, open mindedness, etc. among NIT students and staff.
The Sports activities will help the Institute to identify talented and dedicated sports persons from the students.
Apart from playing regularly at the courts, students at NITW are given opportunity to show their flair and class in various tournaments. Talented players are given opportunity to qualify for entering the NITW ´s Inter NITW teams.
For the freshmen at NITW, a Freshmen Kabaddi, Ball Badminton, Tennis and Volleyball open is held to give them opportunity to show their worth, and year after year, fresh young talented players are identified who are groomed to eventually represent NITW at the Annual Inter NIT Sports Meet.
The Inter-NIT Sports Meet, the biggest stage for sportsmen from NIT, is held annually during first and second semesters. it is a three-day extravaganza where students get to keep alive the spirit of Citius, Altius, Fortius. The NIT performing best in the Sports Meet wins the General Championship. With the birth of several new NITs, the talent pool has increased dramatically, resulting in a very closely fought General Championship.
We will strive to raise the standard of sports in the NITs and to work for the development of character and values through sports amongst the staff of the NITs.
Department of Physical education and Sports purpose are:
- Promoting interaction among the students of the Institute.
- Fostering fraternal friendship and mutual understanding devoid of any political character whatsoever, and promoting goodwill purely through healthy and friendly participation in sports and games and
- Projecting a laudable image of NIW and enhance its prestige by dedication and determination in pursuit of success and victory in competitive activities of sports and games
Facilities and Programmes of the Department
- The department has Indoor (fitness center, wooden flooring for shuttle badminton) and outdoor sports facilities in almost all disciplines, (400mtrs track, flood lit courts, stadium pavilion) except swimming pool.
- The department will organize intramural competitions branch wise in all the disciplines to give an opportunity to involve more number of student community.
- The department will provide an opportunity to talented sportsmen and women to participate in the extramural competitions like, Inter NIT sports meet and Inter University sports competitions regularly.
- The department will organize sports tournaments at our campus regularly.
- Fitness and Conditioning classes were conducted to all first year students regularly during academic year.
The Sports comprises of the following events:-
- Weight Lifting
- Best Physique
- Ball badminton
- Table - Tennis
- Tenni – Koit
Timings: 5:00 am to 8.30 a.m. and 400 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. open to the students apart from office time.